6.10.2011

In my bag

Lately, nearly everything I've purchased has been green. Take, for instance, this new day pack.


While reading another blog, I realized that the only way that I would get back into writing more frequently was to make it a little bit fun. One of my favorite sites, matador, has an awesome "what's in your bag" column that gives you insight into what travelers carry with them. It's a little bit of a morbid curiosity I have with seeing what people carry with them, you can learn about people that way.

I got the bag pretty cheap at a NZ travel chain called Kathmandu. It has actual back support & now I don't get a back ache from carrying it.

Below the backpack is an umbrella that my roommate Elle got for me. Even though it's a little broken, it does the job. It has been raining quite a lot recently, I'm definitely not complaining. Clockwise are the essentials; notebook & pen, makeup bag, chap stick, iPod, point & shoot, dumbphone, iPod portable charger (dumb iPod is dying slowly). Sitting underneath the tech stuff is a neat little bag I also got really cheap at Kathmandu (I <3 Easter sales), it's basically a wet/dry bag & it keeps the important stuff dry even when it rains. It is never dry here it seems. Usually my little tiny camera stand is here too... I must've hid it. Last but not least, the dvd I rented from the library (documentaries are free!), my grocery bag & a backpack rain cover.

Sorry if my inner nerd got a little out of control. We'll call it a writing exercise...

Oh & this green thing is getting weird, I have a few green necklaces, my bag(s) are green, I had green soup (nona soup) & a granny smith apple for lunch... there's also a green scarf floating around my wardrobe... hmmm.

Feel free to check out the blog at the nona soup link, that's where all of my previous posts should be until I migrate them over here.

No comments: