2.27.2007

Throw some money in my hat... Day 13

Today I was a tourist. It was quite exhilarating. I went downtown and took pictures like it was going out of style. The Cathedral was pretty sweet, I didn't know you could go inside, but you can & you can take pictures. There were so much gorgeous tile work inside the cathedral as well. I spent $7NZ on a cute dress and a hot pink sarong today. I feel like I'm getting better & better at thrifting here, there are so many good second hand shops to wander through. The city was rocking today, there were 2 street performers that I saw, although one wasn't that great, the other was quite funny. I'm going to throw a lot of video at the end of this post, including the street performer... The video isn't extremely high quality, as I took it with my digital camera instead of my video camera. I stayed to watch a quite intense game of chess on the giant chess board as well. After being a tourist, I went down to the north shore to walk the beach. Quite fun, I walked probably a mile until I reached New Brighton Pier. I found some guys surfing and felt the need to video them... they are quite hard to see, but this is the first time I've ever seen someone surfing, up close. Anyways, I feel like this post is chock full of media, so I'm gonna shorten it up. Look for more later.

Here's a street performer



Hmm... I wonder who drew this in the sand? I miss you all :)


6 comments:

frenzykat said...

I MISS YOU, TOO. A lot. I told you I'd save the dishes for you...they're getting a little ripe.
The beach pics are awesome. It's freezing and gross up here.
I also miss your little Fred Flintstone feet. But I can look at them in the sand.
BIG LURVE.

Anonymous said...

OMG that video of the street performer was amazing! And your ictures were awesome too! I hope your classes are going well. MUAH

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!
LoL!
I miss you!!

The pictures were pretty!

Anonymous said...

mostly i miss you a lot... and way to sound like a yankee... canooks are better :)... miss ya |--|/

Anonymous said...

wow i love the random coughing in the vid!!! and its like the guy is doing cheerleading... kinda... lol... I MISS YOU MOREEEEEEE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sammy, finally figured out how to comment. I am amazed by your blog, and by the looks of things, I'm not the only one. Keep it up, reading your blog is the highlight of my day.

Love ya,
Aunt Jill