2.23.2007

Can I have ten sheep... all to myself?... Day 8

Today was a pretty ordinary day, I woke up really late though, which I didn't expect. I was going to go to the beach, but it didn't look like a beach day outside, so I went down to Riccarton to see if there were any used bikes around. Neg. Then I went over to a store that had a sign made of a British Flag. I was intrigued. Funnily enough, the store was called "Little Britain Foods." I will go back and take a picture. Then I went over to the Salvation Army, which they call "Sally's." Anyways, I found a really cute skirt for $2nz, so it ended up being about $1.40us... It's black with white & pink flowers... sounds tacky, but it's not too bad, I swear. Then I went over to Riccarton Mall. Pretty much like every other mall I've ever been to. Except this one had a K-Mart and the K-Mart doesn't have anything... not too different from home. After Riccarton Mall, I went over to Countdown to get some fresh fruit & veggies. Delicious. I've worked it out so I have about $100nz per week for shopping. That should be way more than enough, but if I'm buying meat, it gets kind of expensive. Except lamb. You know why? There are more than 10 sheep to every person in NZ. 4.3 million people, 50 million sheep. Too bad I don't really like eating lamb.

I went home and talked online for a bit, then I made my supper... or tea, which also means evening meal. I've been drinking a lot of tea here. Yummy. Anyways, I made pasta & I put fresh mushrooms and some chicken that I'm trying to use up, in the sauce. Turned out really good. I also bought some couscous yesterday, it's really good, I was surprised. Not too lead you on by thinking I made couscous out of the blue, Adam made some & let me try it... thus leading me to purchase a box of my own. Adam is a really good cook, by the way. He's a veggie so he gets really creative with his food.

Last night, Hiron's friends came over and it turned into a shit show. That's about the time I went to bed and locked my door. I don't need a drunk guy coming into my room, that's for sure... Apparently one of them fell off the balcony... lucky its only the second floor...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. A drunk guy fell off your balcony? That's kinda like the drunk people who fall off balconies on cruises... except in NZ I guess falling off a balcony is not the end of your life.

Annnnnnddddd you suck, because I'm stilling eating dorm food.

frenzykat said...

Also, keep the door locked ON YOUR JYNIE. You hear me talking to you, kiwi? Don't make me come over there and put a deadbolt/chain lock/barbed wire/couch+shelf+fire
truck+dog house+washer and dryer+stove+picture of me in a thong in front of your door to ward off potential midnight visitors to your Bedroom. Because I'll do it. I'll dooooooooooooooooooo it. Lurve.

Anonymous said...

God I can't wait for college. :P

And I definately need to do this (go to NZ especially).

Thwack any attackers!