2.16.2007

Now I know what my clothes feel like... Day 2

This morning I woke up at about 6:00 am, completely on my own. Apparently I’m not on New Zealand time yet. I watched the sun rise for a minute, then I just went back to the room and chilled. After a while, we went to brekkie, then had a meeting at the Roturua Boys High School. Every boy there has a different hairstyle, its really cool, like totally off the wall sort of stuff. Except the mullet. The Kiwis are trying to bring the mullet back. I really hope they fail. Around 10, we went to the Rainbow Springs Flora and Fauna center. It was okay, the trees were gorgeous, but the wildlife wasn’t really my forte... except the Albino Rainbow Trout. That was cool stuff. We came back for lunch around noon, then most of us went zorbing. It was absolutely amazing, completely unlike anything I’ve ever experienced in my life. They made us dive into the giant plastic ball, then they threw a hose in there with the three of us. After there was an adequate amount of water, they told us to walk ourselves down the hill. It was awesome, we were slipping and sliding all over the place, then a whole bunch of people from the group were laying down in our track, so we ran them over.


Sweet. After that, we had quite a bit of free time; I used it to call Mom, Dad, Cat & Coop. Around 7, we got on a bus to go to the traditional Maori feast. It was such an experience. While on the bus, we had to pick a chief, then said chief had to go do the hangi with the bus driver, which is the greeting of Maori’s. You gently touch noses twice. This guy kinda screwed it up. He started off good, then he looked like he was leaning in for a nice smooch. Needless to say, the bus cracked up. He immediately fixed his posture. The village had a lot of interesting things to do, then we had our supper. It was delicious. That’s about it for the day, I’m off to sleep now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY FREAKIN' Shiskabobs! I didn't know there was water involved! Sweetness!

You're writing wonderfully, Sam Sam. :D

*Dana

Anonymous said...

I read about Zorbing a long while ago and it looks fun! ((No calls *Pouts*))