2.28.2007

Kia Ora! Day 14

... Which means hello/welcome/good health/goodbye etc., in Maori... it's pronounce 'kay-or-ah' but you have 'clip' the r, kind of like when you're speaking Spanish.. While we're on Maori, I guess I could tell you how to say New Zealand: Aoteoroa. Pronouced 'ah-awe-tay-row-ah' means land of the long white cloud. When you say both of them, it has to be fast. Hello random.

Today I had class from 9am to 12pm, then 2pm to 4pm. The anatomy & physiology class that I am taking is extremely boring, owing to the fact that the professor feels that she must repeat everything 6 or 7 times before moving on. After classes today, I didn't do much, so I'm taking this time to give you more insight on NZ. For instance, they have superb saltine crackers. Not only do they taste better, but they are immense. Our cracker pales in comparison. I feel like the following photo just begs to be in this blog, how can I deny it? By the way, this is the street in front of my building, warning oncoming traffic of judderbars. Today I received an e-mail from one of my cousins, informing me that another one of our cousins lives in Australia, which is very exciting. That's about all of the random news that I can come up with today. Here are a few more pictures from yesterday:
New Brighton Pier from a far.

This is my building... Trรจs Moderne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres awesome!!!

Those crackers are scary huge but seem enticing!

MISS YOU!

-Chelle

Anonymous said...

My humps... my humps... my lovely sammy's humps....

Yeah, didn't work. I'll never call you that again.

Anonymous said...

That was an incredible cracker! Hmm. If you put one in your soup all the liquid would soak up! Wouldn't it? *shrugg*

Ha, I want "humps" somewhere on a NB street. *giggle*

Pretty building. :D