5.24.2007

All Adventures Lead to New Brighton... Days 97-98

This morning I did the same thing I have the last few mornings... I woke up early, then went back to bed. It's almost like I have the will power to wake up, but then I lose that and fall back into my slumber. Yesterday was just another normal day of classes, nothing special, except that I didn't have to go to Audiology. Today, as with every other Tuesday and Thursday, Heather and I went on an adventure to a destination unknown. Eventually we decided to go to Queens Park/Waimairi Beach. We took the bus down there, then the bus driver made us get off, because we were at the last stop. Turns out we went a little bit out of our way, but we ended up walking through a subdivision that looked eerily like Florida. Then we made our way to the beach. First we stopped off at this park and it had a Flying Fox (read: zip line). Let me tell you, we tried it out. It was copious amounts of fun. Then we continued on to the beach. It looked quite similar to New Brighton Beach. Then we looked south and guess what we saw. New Brighton Pier. So naturally we walked towards it, because New Brighton was proving to be cooler than Waimairi. We got there about 1/2 hour later, as we stopped to take ridiculous photos. Upon our arrival, we went out into town for a bit to grab some lunch... more fish and chips. I figure I have to ingest as much fish as possible here. Then we walked around town for a bit more, before going back to the pier. When we got there, we looked down and there was a man making a really amazing drawing in the sand. Turns out what he does is called "Sand Dancing". Anyways, it looks really neat. He made me want to make my own art. We stuck around for a while and watched him. We actually stayed in New Brighton until the sun started to go down, since the sky was looking absolutely gorgeous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even your mom and your sign gave me a lump in my throat.

Bean

Samantha said...

It's okay, you're my spare mom, remember?

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey


:)