5.12.2007

NZTV... Day 86

So I've recently become acquainted with the television in New Zealand. It's not that great, to be honest. We have thirteen or so channels, some of them come in, some of them don't. In my friend's apartment, they have to use antennas (antennae?) to get most of their channels. Blast from the past, no? I remember when my parents' TV had antennas on it. Quite a bit of time ago. All of the NZ and Australian programming is kind of painful to watch, as the acting isn't up to par. And I'm not just saying that because I'm an American that is used to American TV, I'm saying that because everything that is shown on TV here that is made in NZ/Oz is based off of soap opera acting... and we all know how great that is. There are quite a few American shows on that I had not watched before, which is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because when I am bored out of my mind, I have something to do; a curse, because I keep finding television shows that I really like. Anyways, my computer is acting up, so I should go before it deletes this post again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...you were born in 1987...cable has been in this area since 1981. Are you saying that you remember a tv that we used to have which had antennas (antennae?)? I remember when the screen on the second tv in my moms room was green. And I remember when Aunt Jill (Bean for all you home-gamers) bought us our first microwave oven when she worked at Fords in around 1977.

I officially feel 156 years old.
Thank you.
Lurve.

The First Trip said...

LoL!
I still love your mom and her commentary!

Trust me, I've heard about NZ and their acting through various sources and online friends. I've heard about its crappiness for a while. LoL

Well yeah, I think that's it.
LoL
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Susie, remember the antenna on top of the TV that you could turn the dial and it would spin on top of the roof? I think it was Nona's (grandma for all you "NON ITALIANS") You feel old, I still remember watching Outer Limits with Dad on the black and frickin white.

Bean