5.11.2007

All the cool kids call it ChCh... Day 85

New Zealand is starting to get really cold, I can only pull off wearing jandals (read: flip flops/sandals) for another week or two, my toes are getting frosty. I think I'm going to go downtown tomorrow and have a picture taking frenzy, everything looks pretty in autumn. And I need to go to the open air market at least once more, its a fun little place. Oh and I've updated all of my photo albums, I've put all of the photos from Fiji, Australia and Franz Josef Glacier up. I found this one, it's all the way from the start of my program in Roturua, NZ on the north island. This place had so much geothermal activity, one part of a neighbor hood got swallowed into the earth by a small eruption. Anyways, the entire city smells like boiled eggs. But the pools looked really cool.I'm coming up on my exams soon, I have two next week and one the following week I believe. Yuckkkkk. Other than that, I think I'm going to try to fit in one more road trip before I leave, to Dunedin I think. It seems like a cool place and it boasts having the steepest road in the world. Awesome. Oh and ChCh is short for Christchurch...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another road trip sounds like the ticket. And of all the words/phrases that you wrote
"word (read: kiwi meaning)"... you missed a golden opportunity with "boiled eggs (read: Fart)".
Whatever you do, don't be a wiseguy and take rollerblades to this 'steepest street'. Unless you video it and Share.

Have a good day! Lurve

Anonymous said...

so what do the cool kids call "chch"? you never answered that... way to be... |--|/

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff Sammy, is it steeper than that street in San Fran?

Bean