5.21.2007

In search of Courtenay... Day 94

Today started off very early... 6:46am to be precise. It was a horrible time to wake up, but I had been having a very involved dream involving airports and such. It felt as though I had not gotten to sleep at all, which is not conducive to actually waking up. I fell right back asleep and woke up about once an hour after that, until 10:30, when I finally willed myself out of bed. I moped around for a bit, since I still did not want to be awake, but eventually I got it together and Heather and I went on a small adventure, west of the city. We were looking for Courtenay, NZ. As some of you may know, one of my best friends is Coop... also known as Courtenay Cooper. I bet a few of you didn't realize she had a name besides Coop. Either way, you may have noticed that it looks like I spelled her name wrong... nope, that's how it is supposed to be, although we don't hold that against her. Anyways, I found out that there was a town in NZ (which I should tell you is pronounced N-Zed, not NZ) with the same name. Upon reaching it, we found that it was in fact a bunch of farms all lined up next to each other. Anyways, we drove on Old West Coast Road for about 25 miles after we found Courtenay, as we decided to go on a road sign hunting trip. It turned out to be super, since the road was pretty deserted... we could stop the car whenever we wanted to and get out and take pictures. We may or may not have abused that power. You decide. We also found copious amounts of sheep... And of course, when you see sheep on the side of the road, you need to stop and take photos with them. Who knew sheep scared so easily?

In other news, I would just like to reiterate the fact that even though I am a world away, doing things I never saw myself doing in a million years, I miss everyone so much! I guess the whole thing about taking your life for granted is really true, you don't know what you have until it's gone... or until you temporarily abandon it to pursue your education in a foreign land.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very insightful post. Not about taking life for granted...about the sheep being spooked. From what I understand, they have good reason to run from Humans.

BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lurve.

Anonymous said...

way to be in me... but not impressed that there was not a road sign stolen for me, its not every day you find something w/ the same spelling... none the less a picture will do :) miss you |--|/

The First Trip said...

Yes insightful post. Sheep are very stupid...trust me, my Dad has them, its one of the many aspects of farm life I know >.<
Well I hope you miss me or I'll stalk you when you get home...I might do that anyways ^_^
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Courtenay Lucas spells her name that way also. Love your blogs Sammy.

Bean

Anonymous said...

You even managed to BE Coop in that picture. I was laughing my head off over the sheep. I know, I'm pathetic. I just didn't expect sheep in NZ for some reason.