4.22.2007

Ever come home and the locks are changed?... Day 67

This morning started at 4:00am. Why on earth do they make international flights so early? Anyways, the people who run the hostel refused to let me into the kitchen to get my cereal this morning, so I fought them on it. They finally caved, but they wouldn't let it me eat my cereal. What a strange place. I got on my airport shuttle around 5:00am... it was the most ridiculous shuttle ever, we (all 14 of us... no joke, I counted) were packed in like sardines, I didn't even have a seat to sit on, I was sharing a piece of floor with 2 girls from England. I got on my flight around 7:00am and prepared for sleep. Then I discovered the in flight entertainment. If you ever get the chance to fly on Emirates Airlines do it, I think its run out of the United Arab Emirates (the country where Dubai is...). If only for the cool cameras on the nose of the plane, so you can watch the takeoff via the pilot's point of view. It's so cool. The seats are comfortable and there are a million and one movies to choose from (I chose The Pursuit of Happyness). Moving on, I arrived in Christchurch around 2:00pm, but didn't get back to my apartment for another hour. Upon arrival, I noticed that my key didn't fit in the lock... since the lock is now a card reader. I never thought that people actually came home and had the locks changed on them... Luckily, my roommate was home. That could have been disastrous. I still don't have a key, since the front desk is closed on Sundays. It feels good to be back here, but I pretty much feel like crap... maybe I have Typhoid Fever... but probably not. Anyways, I'm off to bed.

I'll leave you with a photo that I'm actually quite proud of. It's Sydney from the Taronga Zoo. Some say it's the best view of the city and I'm inclined to agree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*HUG* feel better darling. It's probably just from the traveling around so much- rest up today and tomorrow if you can and you should be fine :).

I have to agree it's an awesome shot of the city!

Do good on your finals now!

Love,
Becky

The First Trip said...

Feel better Sam! I agree with Becky, with sleep you'll feel better. That picture of the city is so awe inspiring! It's so beautiful! O.O!
Love and Miss!
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yeah, can I just say how professional-photographer your picture looks. Slap that sucker on a postcard. You should submit that somewhere, like the photography contests at the Armada Fair (yes... I am kind of...hick). You can win a ribbon!! :)

Anonymous said...

wow caties comment makes me smile... entirely.
get better my love...
how much longer till you come home??
there are 63 days till rec starts officially!!!!
hootie!!
i love you entirely!!!
pandaface