4.20.2007

One fresh coating of salt later... Day 65

I woke up even later today, around 9:30am... I'm noticing a pattern. Anyways, I headed down to Hyde Park, where I caught a bus to Bondi Beach. It's amazing. Probably the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen. I met a man there from New York and his son was one of the animators on Happy Feet. My life is complete. I hung around the beach, climbing down to the headland over many giant rocks. It was so cool, the waves were breaking everywhere, including on top of me. I took quite a bit of video and pictures, I just couldn't restrain myself. I also dropped my only hair clip into a very deep tide pool and I was afraid to put my hand in to get it out... I know, I'm a horrible citizen... but it almost looks like a crab, so we can pretend that it is one. After properly drying, I went down to Circular Quay and caught a commuter ferry to Manly. Yes, Manly. It's just a little town on the opposite side of the harbor and I went there on a whim, because of it's name. It turned out to be a nice place, I got a chai tea latte and hopped back on the ferry. All in all, it was a fantastic day, although I really need to shower to get this coating of salt off of me, it's actually brushing off like a powder...

One more thing. I've found something I dislike about Sydney, the transportation system. Don't get me wrong, it is effective, there is every mode of transportation possible, but its all owned by different companies, that refuse to work together. I think separate ownership is great, thats how they do it in Christchurch, but I think that you should be able to travel between the different bus companies seamlessly, like one card can get you on any bus, but they each get paid separately... or something like that, because here it is a disorganized mess. Otherwise, Sydney is lovely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Daahhhhhhhhlink

Could that water BE a more beautiful shade of blue? Could it BE a more beautiful shade of lets all get on a plane and join you?
And the wind blowing into your cam sounds like really intense popcorn popping. You look great. Don't hide your Freddies in the water.

BIG LURVE
Mutha

Anonymous said...

I agree with MOMMA, you look great. Enjoy Sammy, not a lot of people get to do the stuff you're doing. We're proud of you.

Bean

The First Trip said...

Oh! The water is breathtaking! I have nothing to say, I'm speachless by it myself! Its so beautiful!
Much love and be safe!
I miss ya!
-Michelle-

Anonymous said...

I want to live on that beach. Right now.