4.07.2007

Men in skirts... Day 52 cont'd

I took this earlier in the day, right when I got to the hostel, I just didn't have a chance to upload it. Disregard my craziness, I'm sleep deprived.



So after I got checked in, I went down to the pool for a swim. It was ridiculously refreshing. So then I think, hmm... I'm going to sit on a deck chair and read. Yeah, I fell asleep for the better part of two hours. Thank god for sun umbrellas or I would have been toast. Then I went back to my room and changed into normal people clothes. Then I laid down on my bed, just to put my feet up, right? No. I fell asleep again, this time for about 3 hours. I guess my body is just not taking no for an answer right now. I can tell that I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. Then I'm up early again tomorrow to catch my flight, which doesn't leave until 9:30am, but the only shuttle that I can make is at 7:00am. I'm sure I can amuse myself at the airport for an hour or two.

If you guys didn't catch it on the video, I would like to point out that it is completely socially acceptable for men here to wear skirts. It's amazing. I bet if it was acceptable in the USA to do that, a lot of guys would, its quite nice when it's hot out. I think their skirts are called sulu. Yes, like the man from Star Trek. I blame Jake & dad for my knowledge of that.

I know I didn't post any pictures, I'm not on a part of the island where you can take really cool pictures, but you can get some awesome ones from the airport, so don't worry, I'm all over it. I'll try to snap some photos of the hostel as well, tomorrow morning before I leave.

Here's some news from home: My mom broke her foot. Everyone say it with me: Awwww. Okay, good. She is a dork, that's all I have to say about that. In other news, Coop is going in for surgery on April 10, so everyone wish her good luck. I feel like I should do more news updates. Okay... Cat passed her CLEP English Literature exam with flying colors :) Woot. Umm... Mom & Jill's friend 'Pillow' had a baby. Congrats. I don't know her given name, that's just what they call her. Okay, I can't think of anything else to update, my brain is melting away... OH! Happy Easter for all of you people that celebrate Easter. If you don't... that's okay too.

I'll update as frequent as possible in the next few weeks. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you are going to have a blast, why is coop having surgery? Pillow's name is Heather but pillow suits her just fine. And thanks Susie for the refresher course on penis', IT'S BEEN A WHILE.

Love,
Bean

Samantha said...

Hahaha... Coop has something wrong with her knee... I'm pretty sure she's missing a part of it now... but yeah, I'm not positive, maybe her ACL? I don't know sport injuries.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. Poor Cooper :(.

Have fun in Fiji,
and happy Easter!