4.04.2007

Where have all the squirrels gone... Day 49

Today marks the last day of Term 1 of the semester. Roughly translated...I don't have another class until May. I'm super excited. Today itself wasn't bad, I had Phonetics, which is always a riot, then we had a practical in Audiology. I raced back to my flat to take a nap... but I had the weirdest dream: Someone was very offended by what I put in my blog and came after me and my friend Max... with a gun. How awkward. Then they shot Max. Remind me not to sleep in between classes anymore, obviously I can't be trusted. Anyways, I went to Anatomy with an espresso in hand, as that is a very hard class to stay awake in. Today's class was surprisingly upbeat. Then again, it was the last one for a while. I made my way over to the gym, then wound up back here for dinner. Great fun. Now the count is really on... 3 days until Fiji!

I took this picture yesterday... it is slightly perplexing, I know. But this is what it looks like in downtown Christchurch, its most definitely a pedestrian city, everyone just takes over the streets when the cars have a red light. Oh, I noticed something today. You know how everywhere you look in Michigan, especially at CMU, there are squirrels? I don't believe that I have seen one here... I'm beginning to doubt their existence. They are replaced with a multitude of birds. Another point of interest, at least to me, is the way people treat their dogs here, they seem to have them highly trained because I rarely see them on leashes, they are just walking dutifully behind or next to their owner. It's really cute. I saw one dog today that was carrying it's own leash in its mouth while strutting along next to a man. Very cute. Enough rambling, I'm going to attempt to go to sleep... I'll catch you guys later.

2 comments:

frenzykat said...

The squirrels in New Zealand are disguised as exchange students from the US. They call them 'Samantha'.

LURVE.

The First Trip said...

LOL! Your mom is the best!

Now when I see squirrels I'll think of you!

Miss and love
Be safe!
-Michelle