3.18.2007

Bad start to a great day... Day 32

This morning I woke up around 7am and could not get to sleep, so I packed up my meager belongings and checked out. I decided to go to the famed seal colony, so I started walking. Three miles later, I was almost there. My pack is deceptively heavy. Moments later, my fate was sealed, it started to rain. I did see one adorable seal though, but he was asleep.

Click To Play

After that adventure was over, I went to the "Why Not? Cafe" to get some hot tea. While drinking, I ran into my Swiss hostel roommate, Andrea. We ended up hanging out all day long, eventually finding ourselves at the R&R Sport South Island International Pro-Am, an awesome surfing competition. Apparently this was a big event, as the world longboard surfing champion was competing. After the competition, we hung out for a few hours by the beach, she was trying to teach me the intricacies of the German language. I failed. I think I taught her the word 'kite' though. I'm a winner. Anyways, after a while, I got to start reading my new book, since I had finished The Da Vinci Code. I traded that in at a used book store and got one of his other books, Angels & Demons. I'm looking forward to that. I think Dan Brown, the author, is probably my new favorite writer. Finally, around 7:45pm, my bus showed up and I got on. There was a really drunk girl on it, but whatever, she wasn't too loud. I figured out that if I look up at the stars, I won't get motion sickness, because they don't appear to be moving. That really paid off, I saw two shooting stars. Yes, I know they're not really stars, but it was AMAZING. Once I arrived in Christchurch, I caught a cab back to my dorm, which was relatively cheap. Since daylight savings time was last night, I called my parents before going to bed, which was pretty cool.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love getting a response. Bean, Cat, Coop, Mom, Michelle, Amy & Balb Dahlia, you guys are pretty much amazing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that was a really close video of that surfer! That was really cool!

The First Trip said...

I feel so loved! That was a cool video!