3.12.2007

Boring life... Day 26

This morning I tried to stay asleep, but like always, the sun woke me up hours before my alarm clock would have. I took care of some things today, including finally paying for my tickets home, which I'm quite happy about. I have a pretty interesting journey ahead of me, that's for sure. I'm not able to get any direct flights to Honolulu, so I'm flying from here to Nadi, Fiji, where I have to stay two nights, as there aren't a lot of flights from the South Pacific to Hawaii. From Fiji, I fly to a country called Kiribati, where I have an hour layover. Then i fly to Honolulu, where I stay for about three days. From Honolulu, I fly in to O'Hare Airport for a quick layover, then back home to Detroit. All together, I spent under $1000 on flights home, which isn't too bad, considering the fact that I'm stopping in Hawaii. After figuring all of this out, I went to both of my classes. Each were rather boring, but it happens. Later in the afternoon, I went to the gym to get a semester membership. I'm quite irked that we have to pay for everything separately here, such as gym memberships, internet and printing, since we're paying a hefty sum just to be studying. The rest of my day has gone by pretty quickly, I talked to a few people from home today, which was nice. I do have to top up my phone card pretty soon though. It actually isn't bad, I've still got about 1/3 of it left after 3 weeks usage and it was only $20 NZ. I'm off to bed now though. I'll leave you with a picture of a sign I found in one of the bathrooms on campus. There are so many things about this sign that confuse me.

3 comments:

The First Trip said...

That sign...OY!!
That was so weird! Where was that?
-Love and Miss-
Michelle

Anonymous said...

We need those signs here!! so people will stop peeing on the toilet seat. Sheesh, use a toilet cover people.

Anonymous said...

omg!!! the sign!!!!
use the rubbish bin!!!
dont flush!!!
thats what it was like for me in costa rica...
you cant flush TP
so when i got back to the states in our layouver in texas the first thing i did was flush some TP
it was amazing...
i miss you!!!